Hit the outlets to nab a bargain
Aussies love a bargain and there is no better place to get one than at the shopping outlets in the USA. Big brand names at reduced prices, perfect for bragging rights at home.
Here are a couple of tips for making the most of your shopping:
- Set aside an entire day in the itinerary to shop. The outlets are big places and require a fair bit of time to get around and try things on.
- Rent a car — most outlets are not close to the cities. There are often shuttle buses or tours that can be taken, but if you have a car you can go at your own pace and have plenty of space for all those shopping bags!
- Take a spare soft bag in your luggage or buy a new suitcase while you’re away, you’ll need it as it’s hard to say no to those $20 shoes! (You can pick up a cheap suitcase at Marshalls or TJ Maxx)
Los Angeles —
- Citadel Outlets — between downtown LA and Anaheim.
- Camarillo Premium Outlets — 50 miles north of LA, with over 160 retailers.
- San Francisco Premium Outlets — 40 miles from downtown with 180 stores.
- Las Vegas North Premium Outlets — located at the North end of the strip or Las Vegas South Premium Outlets — 8 miles from the strip.
- Woodbury Common Premium Outlets– located an hour north of Manhattan in central New York state with 240 stores.